Friday, September 24, 2010

Hiding a Candle Under a Bushel...

Coming from both my Mother's and Father's sides, is a history of music...singing and playing the piano are the two things that I learned best from them both. However, I had no idea how good I had it until it was time for me to move out on my own--then suddenly, there was no piano to play. Sure I would be in choirs here and there, but my ability to play the piano is beginning to fade. A keyboard does not suffice, because I was spoiled with a real one! I have not revealed to barely anyone now the fact that I actually can play the piano...I am so guilty of not telling ANYONE in church I can play! Why? Well, because I am not the greatest at performing under pressure, and since at church the only time a piano is in need is when a hymn is played, I haven't uttered a word to anyone in my ward that I can play because I am so embarrassed by the way I stumble over the keys when I play! For some reason, this is the one talent that I experience the worst kind of stage fright. So (deep breath) now you know :)

1 comment:

  1. for the record, I loved listening to you play the piano. :D

    ReplyDelete